Top 10 Industry Performers in Cloud Phone Systems for Businesses
- RingCentral is a popular provider of cloud-based communication and collaboration tools.
- They offer a wide range of business phone systems for the modern workplace.
- RingCentral was named a leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service).
- They provide standalone business telephony and mobile apps, as well as comprehensive messaging, video, and phone systems through RingCentral MVP.
- RingCentral offers a portfolio of communication tools, including call monitoring, recording, logging, and analytics.
- They also provide options to extend their services to cover Contact Centre as a Service (CCaaS) and Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS) technology.
- RingCentral is a popular provider of cloud-based communication and collaboration tools, offering a wide range of business phone systems and comprehensive messaging, video, and phone systems.
- GoTo offers the “GoToConnect” cloud phone system, which is easy to deploy and use.
- The system includes features such as call routing with geolocation and time rules, team-based call distribution, and security features.
- It allows users to take and manage calls from anywhere and access video conferencing for team collaboration.
- GoToConnect can integrate with CRM systems to provide additional customer information.
- GoTo offers the GoToConnect cloud phone system with features like call routing, team-based call distribution, and integration with CRM systems.
- Ooma provides a simple, effective, and reliable cloud phone technology for businesses of all sizes.
- Their core features include virtual receptionists for call routing, hold and transfer music, and mobile apps for Android and iOS devices.
- Ooma is known for being a cost-effective option for cloud telephony, particularly suited for smaller companies and businesses transitioning into a flexible future.
- They offer scalability options to accommodate business growth.
- Aircall is an instant setup communication solution that integrates with existing tools.
- It provides businesses with a comprehensive communication center for calls, messaging, and video.
- Aircall offers a wide selection of helpdesk, CRM, and productivity tools.
- The solution includes built-in analytics to measure ROI and can be enhanced with add-ons for tools like Salesforce and HubSpot.
- Aircall is an instant setup communication solution with a comprehensive communication center and a wide selection of integrations.
- Dialpad offers a comprehensive global phone system built in the cloud.
- It provides mobile apps for team members on the move and offers global or local numbers.
- Dialpad’s Voice Intelligence feature utilizes AI for natural language processing and speech recognition.
- The intelligent systems built into Dialpad assist companies in making informed decisions.
- Dialpad offers a comprehensive global phone system with AI-powered Voice Intelligence features.
- 8×8 is a highly flexible and modular cloud-based communication platform.
- It offers communication and collaboration tools, analytics, contact center support, and more.
- 8×8 provides embeddable communications, APIs, and artificial intelligence features.
- They were recognized as a “Leader” in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for UCaaS in 2021.
- 8×8 is a flexible and modular cloud-based communication platform with a range of tools and features, earning recognition as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for UCaaS.
- Avaya OneCloud is a comprehensive unified communications solution.
- It includes collaboration tools with instant messaging and video conferencing, AI analytics, and extensive reporting.
- Avaya OneCloud offers telephony features such as global connectivity, local numbers, and intelligent routing systems.
- Avaya OneCloud is a unified communications solution with collaboration tools, AI analytics, and telephony features.
- 2600Hz provides turnkey, white-labeled unified communications solutions.
- Their Kazoo platform offers communication tools on the cloud and customizable options through more than 300 APIs.
- 2600Hz prioritizes reliability and security with geo-redundancy features and security tools.
- They offer collaboration tools and features expected from a communication platform.
- 2600Hz provides turnkey unified communications solutions with customizable options and a focus on reliability and security.
- 800.com is a provider of toll-free and vanity numbers for businesses.
- The platform offers customizable options, such as SMS marketing and call analytics.
- It enables businesses to track and analyze phone calls, gain insights into customer behavior, and make data-driven decisions.
- The SMS marketing feature allows businesses to send targeted text messages to customers, driving sales and engagement.
- 800.com is a provider of toll-free and vanity numbers with SMS marketing and call analytics capabilities.
- UniVoIP is a communications provider that integrates with Microsoft Teams, offering a direct routing service.
- UniVoIP allows companies to leverage a complete business phone system within the Microsoft Teams collaboration environment.
- The technology supports native Teams calling across all devices and provides a dedicated platform.
- With UniVoIP, there is no need for on-premises appliances, third-party plugins, or local trunks.
- They offer automated onboarding, workspaces, and lifecycle management tools to streamline operations.
- UniVoIP integrates with Microsoft Teams, offering a direct routing service and a complete business phone system within the Teams environment.
General industry facts with statistics/numbers and resources:
1. Cloud Phone System Market Growth: The cloud phone system market has been experiencing significant growth in recent years. According to a report by Grand View Research, the global cloud-based PBX market size was valued at USD 4.66 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.9% from 2021 to 2028.
2. Increasing Adoption of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS): UCaaS, which includes cloud phone systems, is gaining popularity among businesses. According to a report by MarketsandMarkets, the UCaaS market size is projected to reach USD 24.8 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 10.7% during the forecast period.
3. Benefits of Cloud Phone Systems: Cloud phone systems offer several advantages for businesses, including cost savings, scalability, flexibility, and enhanced collaboration. They eliminate the need for on-premises hardware and provide seamless communication across multiple devices and locations.
4. Integration with Business Applications: Many cloud phone system providers offer integration with various business applications such as customer relationship management (CRM) systems, helpdesk tools, and productivity software. These integrations enable businesses to streamline workflows, enhance customer interactions, and improve overall efficiency.
5. Mobile Workforce and Remote Collaboration: With the rise of remote work and distributed teams, cloud phone systems play a crucial role in enabling seamless communication and collaboration. They provide features like mobile apps, video conferencing, and team messaging, allowing employees to stay connected and work effectively from anywhere.
6. AI-Powered Communication Tools: Artificial intelligence (AI) is increasingly being integrated into cloud phone systems to enhance communication capabilities. AI features like voice recognition, natural language processing, and intelligent routing systems improve call quality, automate tasks, and provide valuable insights through analytics.
7. Security and Reliability: Cloud phone system providers prioritize security and reliability to ensure the protection of sensitive business communications. Features such as encryption, redundancy, and advanced security protocols are implemented to safeguard data and maintain uninterrupted service availability.
8. Customization and Scalability: Cloud phone systems offer customization options and scalability to accommodate the unique needs of businesses. Companies can choose the features and functionalities that align with their requirements and easily scale their communication infrastructure as they grow.
9. Customer Support and Service: Cloud phone system providers prioritize customer support and service to ensure smooth operations and address any issues or concerns that may arise. They offer various support channels, such as phone, email, and live chat, and provide dedicated account managers or support teams to assist businesses.
10. Cost Efficiency: Cloud phone systems offer cost savings compared to traditional on-premises phone systems. Businesses can avoid upfront hardware costs, maintenance expenses, and the need for dedicated IT staff. Cloud phone systems typically operate on a subscription-based model, allowing businesses to pay for the services they need without incurring additional infrastructure costs.
11. Global Connectivity: Cloud phone systems provide businesses with global connectivity options, enabling them to have local phone numbers in multiple countries. This feature is especially beneficial for companies with international operations or those targeting specific regional markets, as it facilitates seamless communication with customers and partners worldwide.
12. Analytics and Reporting: Cloud phone systems often include built-in analytics and reporting capabilities. These tools allow businesses to track and analyze call data, measure performance metrics, and gain insights into customer interactions. The data-driven insights can help optimize processes, identify trends, and make informed business decisions.
13. Compliance and Regulatory Requirements: Cloud phone system providers ensure compliance with industry regulations and data protection standards. They implement measures to protect sensitive information, such as call recordings and customer data, in accordance with data privacy laws like GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
14. Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Cloud phone systems offer built-in disaster recovery and business continuity features. Data redundancy, backup systems, and failover capabilities ensure that businesses can maintain communication even during unexpected disruptions, such as natural disasters or network outages.
15. Seamless Upgrades and Updates: Cloud phone system providers regularly release updates and upgrades to enhance features, security, and performance. These updates are typically seamlessly delivered to users without requiring manual intervention, ensuring that businesses can leverage the latest advancements and stay up to date with evolving communication technologies.
16. Collaboration and Productivity Tools: Cloud phone systems often integrate with collaboration and productivity tools, such as team messaging platforms, document sharing, and project management software. This integration streamlines communication and enables teams to collaborate effectively, improving productivity and efficiency.
17. Scalable Communication Solutions: Cloud phone systems provide businesses with scalable solutions that can easily adapt to changing needs. Whether a company is scaling up or down, cloud-based systems offer the flexibility to add or remove users, features, and functionalities without the constraints of traditional phone systems.
18. Enhanced Call Management Features: Cloud phone systems offer advanced call management features, including call forwarding, auto-attendants, voicemail, call queuing, and interactive voice response (IVR) systems. These features enhance customer service, streamline call handling, and provide professional and efficient call routing.
19. Flexibility for Remote and Mobile Workforces: Cloud phone systems empower remote and mobile workforces by enabling seamless communication and accessibility from any location or device. Employees can make and receive business calls, access voicemails, and collaborate with team members, even while working remotely or on the go.
20. Integration with CRM and Business Tools: Many cloud phone systems integrate with customer relationship management (CRM) platforms and other business tools. This integration allows businesses to streamline workflows, access customer information during calls, and capture call data directly into CRM systems, improving customer interactions and data management.
21. Training and Onboarding Support: Cloud phone system providers often offer training and onboarding support to help businesses smoothly transition to their services. They provide resources, tutorials, and dedicated support to ensure that employees can quickly adapt to the new communication system and make the most of its features.
22. Industry-Specific Solutions: Cloud phone system providers may offer industry-specific solutions tailored to the unique needs of various sectors. For example, healthcare, finance, or call center industries may require specific compliance features, integrations, or security measures, which can be addressed by specialized cloud phone system solutions.
23. Customer Satisfaction and Reviews: Evaluating customer satisfaction and reviews can provide insights into the reputation and quality of cloud phone system providers. Platforms like G2, Capterra, and Trustpilot offer user reviews and ratings that can help businesses make informed decisions when selecting a cloud phone system provider.
24. Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Analysis: Conducting a Total Cost of Ownership analysis can help businesses assess the financial implications of implementing a cloud phone system. This analysis takes into account upfront costs, monthly subscription fees, maintenance, support, and potential savings compared to traditional phone systems.
1. Grand View Research – Cloud PBX Market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cloud-pbx-market
2. MarketsandMarkets – UCaaS Market: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/unified-communication-as-a-service-ucaas-market-893.html
3. Frost & Sullivan – Cloud Communications Market: https://ww2.frost.com/frost-perspectives/cloud-communications-market/
4. TechRadar – Best Cloud Phone Systems of 2021: https://www.techradar.com/best/best-cloud-phone-systems
5. Deloitte – Future of Work: The Cloud-Based Phone System: https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/uk/Documents/consumer-business/deloitte-uk-consumer-cloud-based-phone-system.pdf
6. G2 – Cloud Phone Systems: https://www.g2.com/categories/cloud-phone-systems
7. Capterra – Cloud Phone Systems Software: https://www.capterra.com/cloud-phone-systems-software/
8. Trustpilot – Cloud Phone System Reviews: https://www.trustpilot.com/categories/cloud-phone-system